- The procedure which is applied for all customers outside Belgium prescribes that we ask payment in advance for the analyses. The report mentioning the results of the analysis will thus be available only after reception of this payment in advance. Please take into account this extra delay for obtaining the results.
- From the 1st of January, certain analyses regarding Salmonella spp., E. coli and Campylobacter will be outsourced to the WIV-ISP. For further information, please contact the dispatching (CODA-CERVA: 02/379 04 10 and WIV-ISP: 02/642 56 07).
- For the first time since 2013, we have increased the prices for our veterinary analysis, in response to the increasingly costs. As some bills include analysis that were requested in 2015 and 2016, it’s possible we apply two different prices on the same bill. Please take this into account upon receive of invoice.
CODA-CERVA performs for its clients biological analyses intended to show the presence of a pathogenic agent in an animal or within a group of animals.
Detection is carried out using several methods linked to the reason for the analysis and the use to which results obtained will be put.
Indeed, samples are sent to CODA-CERVA in different contexts, which mean we play specific roles in screening for animal diseases :
a. Official analyses in connection with imports/exports, with the round up of animals, with the obtention and the maintenance of public-health status;
2. Reference Laboratory :
a. Interpreting the results of inconclusive analyses carried out by other laboratories
3. Laboratory of standard diagnosis
The list of diseases and tests, depending on the species of animal, the weekly schedule and details specific to tests along with their prices are all given in the table of veterinary analyses.
Since 1 january 2015, CODA-CERVA no longer performs analysis in the areas of diagnosis of house-pets (except tests for leptospirosis, brucellosis, tuberculosis and Aujeszky disease) and pathology (autopsies and histopathology).
(Diagnostic Ag) Groupe Dep Biotechnologie, Rue du Carmel, 1 - B-6900 Marloie
1. Universiteit Gent, Faculteit Diergeneeskunde, Salisburylaan, 133 - 9820 Merelbeke
From 1 april 2015, CODA-CERVA will no longer perform following tests :
Isolation on cell culture or egg :
For pathogens AAD, EDS, REO, FRO and Avian Encephalomyelitis, please contact following organization if you need help :
CODA-CERVA still performs differential diagnosis via molecular tests for the following diseases :
Samples, together with the completed analysis request form, may be dropped off at CODA-CERVA every working days from 8am to 5pm, or sent in by post.
Samples sent by FASFC that are officially suspected of being linked to an official disease can be brought in any time of the day and any day of the year.
Receipts of specific samples are coupled to an operational surveillance service throughout the year.
1. Open the on-line form (only available in French or in Dutch)
Samples are subject to various physical constraints that are outside our control. We recommend you provide appropriate packaging (robust and watertight) and that you separate paper documents from samples.
Some samples, intended for shipping matrices that are contaminated by highly virulent pathogenic agents, may require special packaging.
Please consult the documents provided.
If you fail to comply with transport regulations, the samples will be destroyed.
Thank you for your diligence.
|Home||About Us||Scientific Research||Provision of services||Jobs|